Subject: JC Chen
Animator, Flash Animator, Rough Inbetweener, Inbetween Artist, Clean-Up Breakdown, Animator Assistant
Gnomon School - Illustration
- Began as an animator assistant at Warner Bros, working as a Breakdown/In-Between Character Clean-up Artist on "The Iron Giant" (1999)
- Next worked as a rough inbetweener and breakdown artist at DreamWorks Animation SKG, working on the films "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" (2002) and "Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas" (2003) - Beginning in 2006, he has worked primarily as a Flash animator, having worked at a variety of studios including: Fantasy Prone Interactive, Davison Entertainment, BWA, Animax, Titmouse, and OddBot, Inc.
- In 2007 - 2008, he worked as an animator's assistant at Starz Media/Film Roman on the TV movie "Cranberry Christmas" - In 2011 he worked as an animator at Six Point Harness, working on the MTV show "Good Vibes"
- From 2011 - 2013, he worked as an animator at Warner Bros. Animation on the show "MAD"
- He is currently not at a studio and is looking for work opportunities
Comments On Style:
Very nice, very talented, great to work with, very quiet
- 1999: The Iron Giant (clean-up breakdown) / (inbetween artist)
- 2002: Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (rough inbetweener - animals and Murphy)
- 2003: Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (rough inbetweener - sirens)
- 2008: Cranberry Christmas (TV Movie) (Animator/Asst)
- 2009: Dixie Dynamite (animator)
- 2011: Good Vibes (TV Series) (animator - 5 episodes) (additional animation by - 1 episode)
- 2011-13: MAD (TV Series) (animator - 69 episodes)
Contributors To This Listing:
Animators Hall of Fame