- · Has worked with Animal Logic animation department since approximately 2002 and possibly earlier.
- · In 2012, made Interactive flash presentations for Prezi, a tool for assisting slideshow business presentations like TED talks.
- · In 2004, animated a commercial for British POLO mints called “Tarrah” for Aardman Animations.
*Comments On Style: *
Concerning anthropomorphic characters, like Sorin and most of the main owl characters of Legend of the Guardians, he finds the perfect balance between naturalistic and pushed enough on the human aspect of these characters. These qualities translate well from his stop-motion works to feature CGI productions. In “Despereaux,” characters subtly change emotions slowly in very dramatic zoomed in shots. Whiskers twitch and pitch with the character’s emotions.
- · Flatworld (1997)
- · Chicken Run (2000)
- · POLO “Tarrah” commercial (2004)
- · The Corpse Bride (2005)
- · The Tale of Desperaux (2008)
- · Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole (2010)
- · Happy Feet Two (2011)
- · The LEGO Movie (2013)
· British Animation Awards: Best Animated Commercial: Craft (2004)
o “Polo: Tarrah” from Aardman Animations.
*Related Links: *
- · British Animation Awards website for 2004’s winners
- · Mike Cottee's Animation Reel 2013
*Contributors To This Listing*:
- · Shabana Malone o Office Manager/Executive Assistant to VP of Operations at Animal Logic (Los Angeles Office)
- · Jessica Wilkins o Training Supervisor at Animal Logic (Sydney, Australia Office)
Animators Hall of Fame