*Subject*: Trey Thomas
Occupation/Title: Animation Director, Key Animator, Lead Animator, Supervising Animator, Directing Animator.
Career Outline: Trey Thomas worked under Walt Disney Pictures and Tim Burton Productions for the feature films Frankenweenie. (2012)
Comments on Style: I enjoy most of his works, especially Shrek 2, Corpse
Bride and Madagascar. As an animation movie, most of his films are very
straight forward in term of plots and characters.
Personality: I could not tell his real personality unless I meet him in person.
The limited information prevented me from doing so. However, from the interview
video I found out the way he talked is very informative and clarified. He has a
- 1988 “Gumby Adventures” (TV Series) (Animator - 1988)
- 1991 “Slow Bob in the Lower Dimensions” (Short TV Series) (Animator)
- 1991 “The Potato Hunter” (Short) (Special Thanks)
- 1993 “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (Animator)
- 1996 “James and the Giant Peach” (Animator)
- 2000 “Dinosaur” (Supervising Character Animator) - 2001 “Monkeybone” (Animator)
- 2003 “Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas” (CG Character Animator)
- 2004 “Shrek 2” (Directing Animator)
- 2005 “Madagascar” (Supervising Animator) - 2005 “Corpse Bride”(Animator)
- 2009 “Coraline” (Lead Animator)
- 2009 “Fantastic Mr. Fox” (Key Animator)
- 2012 “Frankenweenie” (Animation Director)
Honors: (Nominated VES Award for Outstanding Animated Character in an Animated Feature Motion Picture)
Contributors To This Listing:
Animators Hall of Fame